We are hiring a Communications and Production Assistant for our NYC office! Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions or applications. Find more information about this opportunity below.
Communications and Production Assistant
Start date: flexible, preferably late-September
Hours: 15 hours/week, specific days/times flexible
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
The theatre/conflict resolution organization, Global Arts Corps, seeks a qualified communications and production assistant. Working closely with the Managing Director, the communications and production assistant will assist in the day-to-day operations of the organization, drafting and coordinating the output of organizational communications (social media, newsletters, website, etc.), planning special events, researching fundraising opportunities, and producing Global Arts Corps workshops and performances.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Global Arts Corps is an international community of professional artists who believe in the transformative power of theatre. Our aim is to use theatre as a catalyst for dialogue, as a way to shift perspectives, and ultimately, as a means of bringing about reconciliation.
The Global Arts Corps is a 501c3 nonprofit organization with a small New York headquarters staff, which includes the Artistic Director, Executive Producer, and Managing Director; our team also includes an Associate Artistic Director and several local line producers based overseas and outside of the office.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Ambition, and a passion for the Global Arts Corps’ mission with a “can do” attitude
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Familiarity and comfort with social media channels
• Experience updating website content
• Is a self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in an office setting
• Experience & comfort communicating with an international base of colleagues
• A personal laptop to use in the office
• Global Arts Corps’ office is located on W. 157th Street. Candidates should be available to come to the office at least twice per week
• Sensitivity to confidential information
• Familiarity with FinalCut Pro and basic film editing experience is a plus, but not required
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
• Event planning (making travel arrangements, reserving spaces, etc.)
• Conducting research for fundraising opportunities
• Assisting in the compilation of materials for grant proposals
• Filing, organizing, and data entry
• Maintaining and updating organization’s social media profiles
• Monitoring and reporting on analytics of social media channels
• Researching and pitching story ideas for blog and social media channels
• Writing and editing blog posts
• Brainstorming strategies for increasing social media presence and designing online marketing and fundraising campaigns
• Assisting in writing, designing, and disseminating organizational newsletters
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to learn about the operations of an international conflict resolution/theatre organization and to support our work in post-conflict areas around the world.
To apply: Please send an email with your resume, cover letter, and one short writing sample (1-2 pages) to Sarah Case at email@example.com with “Communications and Production Assistant – [your name]” in the subject line. No phone calls please. We will email candidates selected for interviews in early-September.